State of Delaware Jurisdiction
More than 60% of Fortune 500 companies form in Delaware and the numbers continue to grow.
Delaware is the first choice for business owners seeking: Asset protection, a pro-business environment, and the prestige that accompanies Delaware LLCs and Delaware incorporation
By incorporating in Delaware, a compelling array of additional benefits are available, such as:
• Tax savings
The Delaware PRIVACY Advantage:
• Company ownership need not be disclosed to the State of Delaware.
• Company ownership transfers need not be reported to the State of Delaware.
• Delaware does not maintain a publicly available database of companies’ management.
• The reporting and disclosure obligations imposed by the State of Delaware are minimal.
The Delaware ASSET PROTECTION Advantage:
• Owners of Delaware LLCs and corporations receive limited liability protection.
• Owners’ assets cannot be seized as a result of the LLC or corporate liabilities.
• Due to the privacy protection offered by Delaware, it is more difficult for attorneys to track business owners and owners’ assets.
The Delaware TAXATION Advantage:
• Delaware imposes no income tax on either LLCs or S corporations.
• Delaware imposes income tax on C corporations only to the extent that income is earned in the State of Delaware.
• Delaware imposes a low franchise tax for small companies.
• Delaware imposes no tax on capital stock or assets.
• There is no sales tax in Delaware.
• There are no Delaware capital shares or stock transfer taxes.
• There is no state inheritance tax on stock held by nonresidents of Delaware.
The Delaware CONVENIENCE & FLEXIBILITY Advantage:
• Delaware is one of the least expensive states in which to form an LLC or corporation.
• Delaware allows one individual to act as the shareholder, director, and hold all the executive offices.
• Delaware LLCs and corporations can be headquartered anywhere in the world.
• Aside from a registered agent address, owners are not required to maintain a physical address within the state.
• Company records do not need to be physically located in the State of Delaware.
• Stock can be transferred instantly and privately, without filing a public notice.
• You do not have to be a US citizen to form a regular Delaware C corporation or LLC.
• Delaware does not impose a minimum capital investment requirement for LLCs and corporations.
• Delaware LLCs and corporations offer generous protection (sometimes called indemnity) from personal liability.
• Unlike most other states, Delaware corporations can easily be converted into LLCs and vice versa.
For more information about our services, please contact us.